We are thrilled to announce that The Lesson House has once again been selected by the Oklahoma Arts Council to participate in the 2018 Festival of the Arts!
The show will be on Saturday, April 28th at 6:00 pm on the Main Stage. We have a limited time slot, so not all students will be able to perform. We will be holding auditions via video submissions. PLEASE check your calendar and make sure you can commit to attending this event before you send in your audition. To audition, you will be required to submit a video of yourself performing a full song. All videos must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23rd at 9:00 pm.
TIPS FOR NAILING YOUR SELF-TAPE AUDITION
Audition videos are something every performer needs to learn! Self-tape auditioning streamlines the casting process and will only become more common in music, film, and television casting. Casting directors look at hundreds of audition tapes a year, so a performer should do anything they can to make their audition stand out.
Learning to produce a good self-tape auditions can make all the difference in future casting decisions. By informing yourself and using the best possible practices, you can put yourself ahead of the pack and nail your next self-tape audition. And what better place to learn than at home with The Lesson House!
Here are some tips to make sure you nail your audition video:
1. Record your audition with a clean, neutral background like a plain wall that receives plenty of natural light. Or in a room where you can control the light. (soft lighting is best, no fluorescents!) In general, make sure you can be seen and heard clearly and easily.
2. Frame yourself in a medium shot, so your torso and head are the focus.
3. Slate/Introduction. Looking at the camera, introduce yourself and the song you will be singing. Use this time to show off your personality!
4. Select your outfit wisely. Don't wear anything too busy or bright and avoid prints. Remember, this is an audition. You may be in your house, but dress like you would for any live audition. General rules: NO flip flops, NO sweatpants/activewear, NO hats that cover your face.
5. Have someone there to cue up your music for you and help with recording. If you have a tripod to keep the camera steady-awesome! If not, get an experienced selfie taker to help you get creative with keeping the camera still and steady.
6. Most importantly- have FUN!
As always, if you have any questions we are here to guide you. Ask your instructor if you are unsure about your audition video. We're here to help!